One of the major perks of being a fashion blogger is joining a rich community of people to learn from. This week’s links are all about education–from posts that take a critical look at fashion-inspired books, to an inside look at the much buzzed about fashion summer camp. Of course, we couldn’t leave out a link to our favorite education event… the upcoming IFB Conference! We hope you enjoy (and learn something, too!)
LINKS À LA MODE: AUG 11th
- à tout le monde: Youth Gone Fierce Part Deux!
- Click Click Flash: Menswear trend report on TEXTURE
- Clothes: Ones to Watch: Ethical Fashion Forum Innovation Award Winners 2011
- ckms: Slut Shaming: A response to a Fashion Bloggers, Why? post
- Cosmolawlitan: Strong Q2 and Q3 Spending in Fashion Luxury Items
- Dites Moi: Back To School: Autumn Shopping Guide!
- Fashables: The Boat Shoes that Changed my Mind
- IFB: Join us for the IFB Conference on Sep. 7 at Milk Studios in NYC
- Incognito: Perfume is the best model for a fashion designer : How bottles of perfume represent their designer
- jimpricute: Apron turned dress!
- Juliet’s Lace: How to deal with negative comments
- Law of Fashion: office no, no…or yes? [bare arms]
- Love at First Blush: In her Closet: A Shoe Designer’s Wardrobe
- Miss Viki: The Photography Business & The American Dream
- Morbid Glamour: One Shot: Liberdade
- North on Harper: Inside Daphne Guinness’ Closet
- The Arc in the Sky: A fun and philosophical look at the Metropolitan Art Museum’s Alexander McQueen exhibit!
- The Loudmouth Lifestyle: Lookbook Revisited: Looks for Less!
- The Sunshine Rebellion: Fashion Camp: This exists
- Wishing for Chanel: Book Review–Style Yourself: Inspirational fashion advice from the world’s hottest style bloggers
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine
Inspirational advice from the world’s hottest fashion bloggers
p.s. For anyone wondering the book is on Amazon.com but is low in stock on the UK site, I used Sainsbury’s Entertainment for my copy but I also found it on the WHSmith website
I’ve been noticing a trend in my jewellery lately…Yes the trend for animals as jewellery pieces has certainly caught up on me. Mine are all from the feathered variety at the moment but I’m determined to add to my every growing collection with a few&n…
Not gonna lie, I’ve been a bit M.I.A with blogging lately. Had a little too much going on IRL and a stupid cold crept up on me this week, but I’m back on track with a new wishlist item.