We may be heading into June soon but this last Bank Holiday is looking seriously dodgy weather-wise. So why risk getting stuck in a rain shower in the erratic British weather?! Here are five suggestions for things to do on a rainy Bank Holiday weekend – and any rainy day to be honest…
1. Museum hop…because why stand outside in the rain when you can put your cultural head on underneath a roof. Head to London or another big city or keep close to home. Wander around for a few hours, spend some time in pop-up exhibitions and take in a guided tour.
2. Have a read-a-thon…I don’t know about you but I have a TBR pile the size of a skyscraper. So this weekend build yourself a bedroom blanket fort with a pile of books and escape only to take tea/coffee/biscuit breaks (and to y’know pee).
3. Indoor yoga…fire up Youtube, roll out your yoga matt (it’s there in the back of your cupboard somewhere right?) and be one with your inner self. Don’t attempt anything too testing but try some breathing exercises, focus on your mind and stretch out your limbs. Namaste my friends.
4. Two words. Netflix Marathon…fire up the laptop or settle down in front of your Smart TV and get watch that series/movie that ALL of your friends have been banging on about *cough*Daredevil*cough*
5. Get baking…there nothing more comforting on a rainy day than baking something deliciously calorific. Not only is it wonderful stress relief but you get to eat CAKE when you’re finished and can earn you serious brownie points (hahaha) with your family/housemate/significant other. Let’s be real that’s a decent win/win situation.