a.k.a. things Ria should be doing instead of watching countless Buzzfeed videos or scrolling through Instagram.
It’s Bank Holiday Monday (if you are lucky enough to live in the UK right now) and honestly days like this when you get an extra bit of time are the ‘perfect’ time for clearing out the cobwebs both IRL and online. In the wonderful haze of writing blog posts we sometimes forget those ‘under the hood’ things that we set up when we first start blogging and often don’t really think about a couple of months down the line. So if you find yourself with a spare 10 minutes and no motivation to actually write, how about ticking a couple of these things off your blogging ‘to do’ list.
- Delete old broken links.
- Make your formatting more consistent (I’m terrible at this!)
- Run a spell/grammar check on recent blog posts
- Add alt-text tags on all photos
- Fill out good SEO on all your most recent posts
- Re-write and update your bio on your About page and social media
- Update the stats on Media Kits/PR pages
- Update your social media icons/headers
- Schedule social media for old blog posts and general promo
- Clear out inactive blogs you follow on BlogLovin
- Unfollow inactive accounts on social media
- Unsubscribe from unnecessary mailing lists
- Back up your blog files on your computer
- Reorganise your tags/categories
- Brainstorm ideas for 10 minutes
- Reorganise and revisit old blogging notes (and file them for future ref!)
— — —
Have I missed anything off this list? Leave some of your spring cleaning tips for your blogs for today’s Bank Holiday and beyond in the comments below.